Nadškofijski dvorec / Archiepiscopal Palace

Address: Ciril-Metodov trg 4, Ljubljana
Show on map

Description

The Archiepiscopal Palace, located in the Ciril-Metodov trg square next to the Cathedral of St. Nicholas, was built after the devastating earthquake of 1511 on commission from Krištof Ravbar, the then Bishop of Ljubljana. The plans for the Palace were prepared by the Bishop's secretary Avguštin Prygl, an architect and Humanist scholar from the Slovenian town of Laško. The Palace was later rebuilt, but its original ground floor slant and entrance are still visible from the Mačkova ulica street. The present façade was designed by the architect Leopold Hofer around 1778. The Palace is linked to the Cathedral of St. Nicholas by a bridge corridor.

logotip turizma
 
Online booking
Ljubljana Card
Where else to go?